Saturday, April 19, 2014

Neurology

This was something definitely new to me.  I have had some pretty crazy tests done (swallowing cookie test and tubes down my nose come to mind) but never been referred to a neurologist.  My appointment was on April 17th at 8:15am in American Fork at the Central Utah Clinic.  I could not sleep the night before--some of it was due to my nerves but probably mostly nervous that I would sleep through my 5:30am alarm clock! My mom kept my kids over night and she took Cody to school-Kaden spent the day at the farm with my dad.  Spencer had to work so it was just Carrington and I for the day.

The neurologist is a sweet, bubbly, optimistic oriental woman who was fantastic.  She was very easy to talk to and we got along great!  She documented a quick medical history.  She looked up my recent lab work and said Lupus test was not impressive and is negative.  She added that my A and A is off the charts (it's the test that verifies and autoimmune disease).  She then made a comment that Dr. Call ordered some very  interesting tests--I didn't know how to take that.  She then kind of stopped and didn't finish explaining the labs and said that Dr. Call would go over them with me at my next visit.  So, totally left me hanging.

She clearly said I had a nerve or muscle issue that could either be caused from the Scleroderma or a new disease appearing.  I had no reflexes on my left arm and wrist which was concerning to her.  She ordered an MRI of the neck and shoulder and also a contrast test of the brachial plexus.  And of course more labs.  She also scheduled me for a nerve induction test and muscle stimulant test.

I left crying....more health bills, more appointments (and all during the week of my competition), and I am just not the type of person who likes to spend my time on medical things for me.

I don't know what got into me but I cried and cried and cried.  

No comments:

Post a Comment