Thursday, April 24, 2014

ECHO & PFT

Today I went in for my Echocardiocram and Pulmonary Lung Function tests...I've had these before so piece of cake.  I had these done at Timpanogos Regional Medical Center in Orem.  I got checked in a registered and yikes...$2,872 for the payment due today.  I hate more than anything medical bills.  We will always have them so I might as well get used to it :/  Having a $3,000 deductible sucks and $6,000 out of pocket.  We are still paying off mine and Carrington's hefty $15,000 from having her and all my hospitalizations from preterm labor.  I am quickly reminded how lucky I am that Spencer and I both have great jobs.

Echocardiogram was first.  The man that did this test was so awesome and super knowledgeable.  I asked him if he's ever had a Scleroderma patient and he explained how excited he was so see that I was a young female with Scleroderma because he just got back from a special training and a young Scleroderma woman was the case study.  He said he hasn't had a patient in probably 2 years and has worked for almost 18 years in this field.

I was reminded how rare I am :)

My blood pressure was really high 148/97 and was also elevated at my last appointment.  He said he will be looking for any signs of pulmonary hypertension because that is usually was Scleroderma causes if affecting the heart.  Dr. Call ordered the echocardiogram because of my muscles being affected and wanted to clear that my heart (which is a very large muscle) is not affected.

It was only about a 45 minute ultrasound of my heart and was really neat to see.

I then did my lung function test because Scleroderma usually affects heart and lungs first.  It is a really silly test--blowing in and out of a mouth piece and a computer measures how much air I can hold, how fast I can push it out...Not the funnest test--kind of wears you out!  They then gave me a dose of albuterol that made me feel really shaky.  My hands were really shaking and I felt jittery.  Now just waiting to hear about test results!!!


While I was in getting the echocardiogram done I got a call from the Neurologist that said they had test results back from the MRI I had yesterday.  I immediately called them back.  They asked if I was still up north and could swing my their office before 5pm because my MRI showed abnormalities. It was 4:30 and my sisters bridal shower started at 6:00pm.  I told them I could and got on the freeway north to go to American Fork.  I called back and asked if the Dr. could just call me back and they said she could.  I turned around and went to the shower.  I never got a phone call.  They are closed on Friday so Monday I will have to call back...

1 comment:

  1. Numerous medicines can help control symptoms and prevent complications such as medicine to dilate the blood vessels, reduce stomach acid, suppress your immune system, relieve pain and prevent infections. Few therapies can also help you improve mobility and strength and manage pain. Few surgical options such as amputation, lung transplant can also help, however medicines may have possible side effects that may trigger other parts of your body. Surgeries are painful and will cost you great with no guaranteed cure.Dermeton, a product by Herbs Solutions By Nature is the best answer for all the worries of this disease, it has treated numerous patients successfully with not even a single history of reported side effects. Prepared by natural ingredients, it is way affordable than any other treatment of scleroderma !

    ReplyDelete