Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MRI AND CONTRAST

Today I had my MRI (April 23rd) in Provo at Central Utah Clinic.  My aunt Melissa watched my kids for me which helped a ton!!  I got there and they fit me right in.  I got changed in scrubs that were WAY too big for being SMALLS...haha!  Then they started my IV but had to poke a couple times.  My poor veins are about shot to heck.  I went in for the first MRI which last about 45 minutes.  Then they pulled me out and put a neck brace thing around me and I was in for another 70ish minutes.  By that time I had to pee so bad I could hardly stand it.  When I thought I was done they came in to give me the contrast through my IV to see the brachial plexus.  Thank heavens that one only lasted about 20-30 minutes or I was seriously going to pee my pants--it was torture!!  It was pretty simple, they discontinued my IV and rushing to my aunt Melissa's to grab my kids before I had to go teach.



About to Payson I got real nauseated.  I had to pull over and started throwing up.  Luckily my kids were asleep but I sat there and cried.  I was so sick, my class was going to start, I text about every person I could think of to sub for me.  No luck--everyone was busy.  I called Kiersten bauling and asked if she would sub for me.  I felt so alone and she definetly heard me at a weak time I was at.  She said she would and I was so thankful--no words could explain.  I know it was the contrast that made me sick because by the time I got to Nephi I felt a lot better.  I dropped my kids off to Peggy's and I visited with her for awhile then taught the rest of my days dance classes.

I have had so much anxiety lately and having a hard time sleeping.  I am anxious to hear how the results are and what the next step will be.  My circulation has been really crappy lately and I am getting more bruising.  My hands are so swollen each morning and hurt like crazy :(


I know I am having a Scleroderma flare and really feel all of my symptoms stem from it.  I do not feel like I have a new nerve or muscle disease but I feel it's all caused from Scleroderma.  I should hear more hopefully tomorrow when I go up for my Echocardiogram and Pulmonary Function Test.

No comments:

Post a Comment